Tuesday, April 7, 2009

So I finally watched the Twilight movie


Yes, I finally watched the Twilight movie (I got a Blockbuster gift card for Easter). It wasn't too bad, although there were some parts I was too embarrassed to watch. I liked the way the end credits were done. Saying positive things first, there are several things that continually turn me off:

The announcement of true love when you are in high school and when you have only met your "true love." There is no such thing as love at first sight: just lust.

I'm in my early 20's, I'm not that old. I remember high school quite well, my stance was pretty similar when I was a sophomore too.

Really, if Bella hadn't announced her complete and irrevocable love for Edward 2 days after she had met him, it probably wouldn't have been too bad.

I also watched it with my husband and brother who said it wouldn't have been too bad if Edward hadn't been such a douchebag and if the movie wasn't so emo.

1 comment:

Hey Lady! said...

It's totally emo and full of teen angst. The book is too. Though in the book it was somewhat easier to deal with, perhaps it was not having to actually SEE it. Maybe it was the absence of that sweaty, shiny scene with Edward ripping his shirt open in the forest (was that not the weirdest thing? Did you see the expression on his face?).