Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bamboozle Pics and Commentary

It’s been a while since I last updated. I guess I haven’t really been in the mood.

The Bamboozle concert was pretty awesome – besides immense foot pain for standing hours on end. Bayside and Reel Big Fish were probably my favorites. Not only did Reel Big Fish play and awesome show and were really funny; they closed their set out with Aha's "Take on Me" - a song I absolutely love. I also enjoyed MXPX, Goldfinger, Anti-Flag, and some of the lesser known bands. Although I still think Davey Havok is quite sexy, I was a bit disappointed with the Blaqk Audio performance. AFI puts on an awesome show; Blaqk Audio was okay. To be fair, Bamboozle probably wasn’t the right fit for a band like Blaqk Audio. Plus Davey Havok was performing quite flamboyantly and I would probably prefer him a bit more testosterone filled.
Bayside and Creature Feature (I didn’t get to see them perform, but they were there) have been on my workout playlist since then. I really love Bayside. Goldfinger and Anti-flag both put on super great shows as well. They were very crowd-oriented, especially Goldfinger (They had someone from the audience eat a Twinkie out of the buttcheeks of the drummer, moshed in the pit and the lead singer tossed his guitar into the crowd).

I was being a good little-rule-follower and didn’t bring my camera, only to discover that cameras were allowed! So, unfortunately, no pics from the first day. But I did get some pictures from the Sunday show. Here they are for your viewing pleasure:
Anti-Flag:
Anti-flag @ Bamboozle
Photobucket
Blaqk Audio:
Blaqk Audio
blaqk audio @ Bamboozleleft
blaqk audio @ Bamboozleleft
Goldfinger:
Goldfinger
MXPX:
MXPX
MXPX
The Bravery:
The Bravery

No comments: